Study MBBS in Australia with their Top 5 Affordable Medical Schools
Tuition fees, how to apply for admission and visa, cost of living in Australia, top 5 medical schools that are equally affordable have been reviewed; make the right choice to study mbbs in Australia today!
Medicine in Australia is offered as a postgraduate or an undergraduate course. The postgraduate programme is the Doctor of Medicine; the undergraduate programme the Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery.
Australian medical schools have excellent international reputations for the quality of training and research it offers.
Some Australian universities only teach postgraduate medicine, others offer only an undergraduate programme.
Study MBBS with the Top 5 Medical Schools in Australia below
- Sydney Medical School
Sydney Medical School is ranked number one in Australia and has excellent clinical training facilities and many teaching hospitals.
The MBBS is no longer offered by the Sydney Medical School. It was replaced by the Doctor of Medicine (MD) in 2014. The last cohort admitted to the MBBS at Sydney Medical School was in 2013.
Tuition and Fee- Estimated Annual Tuition=$76,000 AUD which is subject to change.
- The University of Melbourne Medical School
The University of Melbourne Medical School now offers a Doctor of Medicine (MD) program. The Melbourne MD is a four-year, graduate-entry medical program with much emphasis on quality teaching and research.
The MD includes one year of bioscience foundation learning, six months of full-time research and two and a half years of clinical training in university-affiliated hospitals, clinics and GP surgeries.
Tuition and Fee; Estimated Annual Tuition=$81,344 AUD which is subject to change.
- Monash University Medical School
Monash University is home to major research facilities, including the Australian Synchrotron, the Monash Science Technology Research and Innovation Precinct (STRIP), the Australian Stem Cell Centre, 100 research centres and 17 co-operative research centres.
They offer Bachelor of Medical Science / Doctor of Medicine;
- their students learn the basic medical science through patient based presentations and discussions in small groups;
- gain real clinical experience in various locations including metropolitan and rural hospitals;
- learn about integrated medicine, surgery and patho-physiology; and
- consolidate their knowledge through further clinical practise and an intensive research or professional practice project.
Tuition and Fee; Estimated Annual Tuition= $74,000 AUD which is subject to change.
- University Of Queensland Medical School
The University of Queensland (UQ) Faculty of Medicine conducts a four-year, graduate-entry medical program, the Doctor of Medicine (MD).
The UQ MD is a professional-entry extended master’s medical training program, which replaced the MBBS program in 2015.
The Faculty combines two research intensive schools, medical education, and five hospital-based institutes and centres.
Tuition and Fee; Indicative Annual Tuition – $73,264 AUD subject to change.
- The University Of New South Wales Faculty of Medicine
The Faculty of Medicine is a constituent body of the University of New South Wales, Australia. The University of New South Wales has an award-winning undergraduate Medicine program.
Tuition and Fee; Estimated Annual Tuition=$78,500 AUD which is subject to change.
How to Apply
Depending on your university of choice, you will generally need the following documents;
- Statement of Purpose
- Curriculum Vitae
- English Language Proficiency Certificate if your first language is not Engish or your first course was not taught in English
- They accept IELTS, SAT or TOEFL; consult your school admission officer to know the one they prefer
- You need two academic letters of recommendation
- International Passport for your visa application
- Academic Transcript for postgraduates
- High School certificate for Undergraduates
For specific requirements, please contact your school of choice, they will direct you on how to apply online.
For more information on cost of living in Australia, Visa information and other universities you can study with in Australia please read also; study-abroad-in-australia-student-visa-information-available/