In this article, we will consider the latest list of low tuition universities in Luxembourg for international students, tuition fees, cost of living, admission requirements and how to apply.
Luxembourg is a little European country, bounded by Belgium, France and Germany. It is mostly rural, with dense Ardennes forest and nature parks in the north, rocky gorges of the Mullerthal region in the east and the Moselle river valley in the southeast.
The Luxembourg Educational system enables students to pursue undergraduate, postgraduate and PhD program, through an online application process. This makes Luxembourg an attractive study abroad destination, and increases the likelihood that you might want to study abroad in Luxembourg.
READ ALSO; tuition-free-universities-in-europe/
How to Apply
As an international student, you have to scan for any low tuition university in Luxembourg that runs your preferred program. After this, you only need to login to assess the online student account (which will be created by you).
When your account is active, you will get a notification to upload the necessary document required, depending on your level of preferred study. If you cannot do the application this way, you can conveniently forward your application to Student Services.
Cost of Living
Cost of living in Luxembourg is relatively high but affordable for international students. It falls in the range of €800 – €1,080 per month. This estimated amount can cost lower or higher since it all depends on the individual spending habit and what we have above is the average living cost for international students. It shall cover cost of feeding, tuition and registration fees. Working during the school holidays or the student contract is allowed, but not more than 40 hours per week.
The amount mentioned above will take care of your tuition fees as well. All you need to do is to spend your money and resources wisely.
Admission requirements may not be the same for all countries. Below are the necessary documents you must submit before your application can be considered;
Admission Requirements for Undergraduate studies at universities in Luxembourg–
- Senior Secondary School Leaving Certificate
- Proof of English, e.g. O’level Credit in Use of English, TOEFL or IELTS.
For Graduate studies;
- Bachelor’s degree,
- Transcripts showing all courses and grades
- Proof of English, e.g. TOEFL or IELTS or a documented proof that your first degree was taught in English language can be accepted.
International students that are not from the EU region and planning to study in any in Luxembourg must apply for a visa at the Embassy or Consulate of their home country.
They must show the following documents;
- A passport valid for at least three months and longer than the validity of the visa.
- One application form and two passport size photographs.
- Proof of accommodation in Luxembourg.
- Show that you have sufficient funds to take care of your expenses during your stay in the country.
- Adequate medical insurance
- A letter from the college or university confirming that you have been offered admission to study in Luxembourg.
Kindly check the requirements out with your home embassy.